What is Ram Board?
If you’re a seasoned construction expert, chances are you’ve heard of us. But if you’re new to the business, let us introduce you to Ram Board: a heavy duty surface protector that is tough, breathable, recyclable, and leak resistant. Made out of recycled material, our paperboard rolls are 5x thicker than traditional builder’s paper, which means they can take on whatever the job site throws at them. Originally designed in 1999 to protect the floors on movie sets, Ram Board has made its way into the construction sector and has evolved into one of the most trusted products for contractors across a wide range of industries.
What is Ram Board used for?
Ram Board is used to defend against damage on the jobsite. From construction and flooring to concrete and disaster restoration, Ram Board is the dependable choice for any type of contractor.
Ram Board can be used to protect hardwoods, concrete, tile, vinyl, epoxy and linoleum. The breathable and leak resistant paperboard is ideal for protecting against spills, heavy foot traffic and machinery. Available in 50-ft and 100-ft options, these rolls are easy to install and will last throughout the duration of your job.
How to install Ram Board
Ram Board is a quick and easy heavy duty surface protector to install. See for yourself, and follow these simple 5 steps to install Ram Board.
- Prep your surfaces: Before laying down any floor protector, you should prep your surface. Sweep up dust, dirt, and debris that could cause scratches while under the board. Mop if needed and let your surface completely dry. Concrete still curing? Not a problem. Ram Board is breathable and allows flooring to continue curing.
- Calculate how much board you’ll need: Don’t go overboard. Calculate how many square feet of paperboard you’ll need before heading to your local store. Our jobsite calculator double checks the math so you don’t have to.
- Roll out your Board: Next, kick out your board. If you experience roll-back, try the bend back method. When rolling out the board, curl Ram Board away from you until it folds over itself. This will crush the fibers horizontally, keeping it from rolling back towards you. Repeat if needed.
- Tape it together: If you’re protecting a large area, you’ll need to tape the seams together to make sure dust and debris don’t sneak under the board. Overlap the seams by roughly 1 inch and tape together with Ram Board’s Vapor Cure Tape.
- Tape it down: Lastly, tape down the perimeter of your board to the floor to keep it in place using Ram Board’s 90-day Floor Tape. This floor tape is designed with a low-tack adhesive and can be left on surfaces for up to 90-days. *We recommend testing this tape in an inconspicuous place prior to full installation to prevent damage.
Where to Buy Ram Board
Looking to buy Ram Board? Ram Board products can be found at a wide range of distributors and retailers including home improvement stores. Looking to sell Ram Board or looking for something specific? Contact our team today, and we’ll be happy to help. In the meantime, check out our full line of products.