A home renovation can breathe new life into your living space. But before you dive headfirst into demolishing walls and ripping up floors, there are crucial steps you can’t overlook. Ram Board is the contractor’s choice to prepare for a renovation. We’ve compiled 5 things to consider when prepping your space.
5 things to consider when preparing for a home renovation
1. Choose The Right Professionals
Renovations often require the expertise of professionals like contractors, architects, or designers. Take the time to research and select the right team for your project. Look for experienced professionals with a proven track record of delivering successful renovations. Check references, reviews, and past work to ensure you’re making the best choice.
2. Prepare Your Space
Before diving headfirst into a home renovation, take the time to properly prepare your space. Move furniture, decorations and personal belongings out of the way. Not only will this protect your things but will allow contractors to work quickly and efficiently.
3. Protect Your Surfaces
During renovations, your home will undoubtedly be a bustling construction zone filled with dust and dirt. Protecting your floors and surfaces is critical to avoid damage from spills, scratches, or heavy traffic. If you’re planning to complete the project on your own, consider protecting the following surfaces:
- Floors: Ram Board was designed to protect floors from damage. Utilize its impact resistant durability throughout your entire renovation project.
- Stairs: A high traffic area in any home is prone to wear and tear. Stair Armor was designed to quickly and effectively protect all stair sizes.
- Countertops: Don’t forget your countertops. Spills, dust and scratches can harm the integrity of most countertops. Ram Board Home Edition is a great surface protection option for these elevated surfaces.
- Furniture: Leaving your furniture in place during a renovation? Use plastic sheeting or canvas drop cloths to protect furniture from dust, rips and scratches.
4. Obtain Necessary Permits
Before starting any significant renovations, make sure you have all the necessary permits in place. Certain renovations, especially those involving structural changes or additions, may require permits to comply with local building codes and regulations. Skipping this step can lead to costly fines and delays. When in doubt ask a professional for guidance.
5. Create A Timeline, But Expect Delays
Renovations can disrupt your daily life, so it’s essential to have a clear timeline in place. Establish a detailed schedule that outlines the different phases of the renovation and their respective deadlines. Like most construction projects, delays are bound to happen. A realistic timeline can help keep your project on track, but give yourself a grace period
Renovate With Confidence
Preparing for a home renovation is crucial for a successful project. With proper preparation and the right resources, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle your home renovation with confidence. Explore Ram Board’s full line of surface protection products.